Improve insulation if the surface temperature exceeds 20°C above ambient. Studies have revealed that heat loss form a furnace wall 115mm thick at 650°C amounting to 2650 kcal/m2/hr can be cut down to 850 kcal/m2hr by using 65 mm thick insulation on the 115 mm wall
Select a pump of the right capacity in accordance with the requirement. Improper selection of pumps can lead to large wastage of energy. A pump with 85% efficiency at rated flow may have only 65% efficiency at half the flow.
Use of PVC fills in place of wooden bars results in a saving in pumping power of upto 20% in cooling tower.
Avoid repeated rewinding of motors. Observations show that rewound motors practically have an efficiency loss of up to 5%. This is mainly due to increase in no load losses. Hence use such rewound motors on low duty cycle applications only.
Replacement of inefficient aluminum or fabricated steel fans by moulded FRP fans with aerofoil designs results in electricity savings in the range of 15-40%.
- Make sure the voltage of the motor is as close to the design limits, found on the nameplate, as possible. Voltage at the motor that is not within the design limits leads to a decrease in power factor. Low power factors may be monetarily penalized by your power company.
- Turn off the monitor if you aren’t going to use your PC for more than 20 minutes.
- Turn off both the CPU and monitor if you’re not going to use your PC for more than 2 hours to save money on your energy bill.
- Replace light bulb with Led lights.
- Unplug electronics when not in use.
- Load Up dishwasher until full.
- Keep cooling with ceilings fan.
- Power down your computer.
- wash clothes in cold water.
An Copy machine left overnight waste enough energy to make over 1500 copies.