Regular and efficient maintenance of machines and motors prevents extra loads and saves 15 % of extra consumption and prevents break downs as well.
Office heating is often zoned and controlled remotely. Make a plan of the office and mark which thermostats control which zone. Colour it ,Make sure people know how their thermostats work and which one operates their heating,by following this we can save considerable amount of electrical energy.
You do it at home when you want to slash your bills, so consider doing it at the office, too. You can also wrap hot water pipes and switch to a tankless water heater, which is about 10 percent to 30 percent more energy-efficient than a hot water storage tank.
Replace magnetic ballast with electronic ballast. Ballast regulates the amount of electricity required to start a lighting fixture and maintain a steady light output. Electronic ballast can use 12 to 30 percent less power than magnetic ballast.
- Avoid steam pressure reduction through PRVs.
- Monitor and replace defective steam traps on a regular basis
- Monitor boiler blow down and install automatic blow down system if possible
- Install flash steam recovery system for paper machines
- Install delta to star convertors for lightly loaded motors
- Operate at maximum system power factor, say 0.96 and above.