In commercial Buildings Thermal energy load shifting can lower overall HVAC operating costs by 20 to 60 percent. Other advantages are that you can reduce chiller size and achieve the same cooling with lower operating costs.
According to the Electric Power Research Institute, thermal energy load shifting can lower overall HVAC operating costs by 20 to 60 percent. Other advantages are that you can reduce chiller size and achieve the same cooling with lower operating costs. – See more at: http://blog.cleantechies.com/2010/06/10/energy-savings-tips-for-commercial-buildings/#sthash.XgkewEzP.dpuf
- Reduce your facility’s load allowing the existing system to operate less frequently.
- Implementation of an energy management system can provide great savings to your HVAC equipment.
- Set zones to turn off exhaust fans when not needed and control the temperature of spaces at night
- Do not use screen savers. It is far more efficient to use the power down settings available, or to encourage staff to switch off their computer monitors when away from their desks.
- Do not leave any office equipment on overnight.
When purchasing PCs, monitors, printers, fax machines and copiers, consider ENERGY STAR© models that power down after a user-specified period of inactivity. If appropriate, use inkjet printers – they consume 90% less energy than laser printers.